Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints 23, Tampa 20

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Impact of our last-game meaningless win over Tampa: we dropped 5 draft spots (would be picking 8th) and we play Detroit and Arizona instead of Minnesota and San Fran...

Like Tree52Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 03:35 PM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,839
Saints 23, Tampa 20

Impact of our last-game meaningless win over Tampa:
we dropped 5 draft spots (would be picking 8th) and we play Detroit and Arizona instead of Minnesota and San Fran
blackangold likes this.
ScottF is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort, Alabama
Posts: 21,150
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

Wouldn't every win account for that drop?
leilung, AsylumGuido and FinSaint like this.
Danno is online now  
Old 04-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,725
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

I'd rather they win and loose 8 spots in a crap shoot than lie down to a crappy team
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #4
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,312
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Wouldn't every win account for that drop?
Exactly. I have never and will never hope for a Saints loss. To hell with draft position.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

When you play for nothing, and winning is detrimental to the future of the team you sit your players.

We are the real losers of the Tampa game. Tampa worked us until the 4th qtr, proved to themselves they could win if they wanted it then pulled their players and just ran it up the gut 3 downs and punted.

Everyone would be pissed if Brees got injured playing in a meaningless game yet no one cares winning that game might have cost us Beasley or Shelton. Instead we are hoping someone drops, shortsighted thinking at it's finest.
blackangold is online now  
Old 04-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 View Post
I'd rather they win and loose 8 spots in a crap shoot than lie down to a crappy team
A team that could have beat us if they wanted too. Let's not pretend we won that game. Tampa gave it to us.
blackangold is online now  
Old 04-21-2015, 04:57 PM   #7
Hou Saints Fan
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 4,725
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

Well that's on their stupid coaching staff not the Saints and yes the Succs were a crappy team, "you are what your record says you are"
RaginCajun83 is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 PM   #8
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,312
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
When you play for nothing, and winning is detrimental to the future of the team you sit your players.

We are the real losers of the Tampa game. Tampa worked us until the 4th qtr, proved to themselves they could win if they wanted it then pulled their players and just ran it up the gut 3 downs and punted.

Everyone would be pissed if Brees got injured playing in a meaningless game yet no one cares winning that game might have cost us Beasley or Shelton. Instead we are hoping someone drops, shortsighted thinking at it's finest.
Only losers do that. We'll get whomever we get and we will continue to try to win every single game. I repeat, only losers think about the draft.
jnormand likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 04-21-2015, 05:14 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,250
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Only losers do that. We'll get whomever we get and we will continue to try to win every single game. I repeat, only losers think about the draft.
We were losers, I don't recall the saints having a winning record last year. We should have been thinking about the draft and we are even bigger losers because we weren't. I understand the opposing point of view but it's a lack of foresight because of pride.

If Brees went down and never recovered, yet we won, would you care? I doubt it, and everyone would be calling for Payton's head.
blackangold is online now  
Old 04-21-2015, 05:18 PM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,105
Re: Saints 23, Tampa 20

And look at the teams that get high draft picks every year, we use to be one of them. The Raiders and Browns have been taking primo picks for what a decade now. Not really working out for them. That's one thing I like though about the NBA. The lottery prevents teams from going Bucs style.
jnormand, B_Dub_Saint and dizzle88 like this.
Beastmode is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/72054-saints-23-tampa-20-a.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 04-21-2015 03:54 PM 2
Saints 23, Tampa 20 This thread Refback 04-21-2015 03:51 PM 8


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts