Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by dizzle88 DA pretty much dismantled the defensive backfield in just a few months and it shows. Maye is okay, but he's no Marcus Williams. Roby is okay, but he's no CGJ Mathieu, looks like he's checked out. ...

Like Tree283Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2022, 09:23 AM   #61
Threaded by Boston Saint
1000 Posts +
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,022

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
DA pretty much dismantled the defensive backfield in just a few months and it shows.

Maye is okay, but he's no Marcus Williams.
Roby is okay, but he's no CGJ
Mathieu, looks like he's checked out.

Vonn Bell, Marcus Williams and CGJ all have more ints individually than our entire unit have combined.

SP was 1 win away from the playoffs with way more injuries than this team sustained.

DA just isn't the answer.

The way he's broken the D, I'd even be hesitant to keep him on as D coordinator, which is a shame because we used to have a really good defense.
Bell left under Payton, not Allen. CGJ and Williams were money decisions that were out of Allenís control because the team couldnít afford them.
Views: 5024
Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs


This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Head Coach Material Last Blog: 11-09-2022 By: neugey


Old 11-26-2022, 02:52 AM   #62
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 2,624
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
Itís also amazing how people donít take into account how injuries impact a team and their performance. Case in point the Super bowl champ Rams with the same coach are a mess with fewer wins than the Saints and a loss to them as well.
We had 4 qb changes, no wr experience, injuries up and down the offensive line yet we still were competitive and had better record than this yet you make excuses for DA who have a losing record going back to being HC of the raiders?


As for business decisions by Loomis. You pay a HUGE amount to get Maye. Pay mathieu more than you were considering paying CJG. CJG is still balling and have more interceptions than Maye and Mathieu combined. Business decision! You know if Payton was here that wouldnít had fly. Payton is the reason Kamara is here, we found Diamonds like Pierre Thomas & Marquis Colston.
dizzle88 and Rell&Gold like this.
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:25 AM   #63
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,022
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
We had 4 qb changes, no wr experience, injuries up and down the offensive line yet we still were competitive and had better record than this yet you make excuses for DA who have a losing record going back to being HC of the raiders?


As for business decisions by Loomis. You pay a HUGE amount to get Maye. Pay mathieu more than you were considering paying CJG. CJG is still balling and have more interceptions than Maye and Mathieu combined. Business decision! You know if Payton was here that wouldnít had fly. Payton is the reason Kamara is here, we found Diamonds like Pierre Thomas & Marquis Colston.
So Payton having injuries last year invalidates the injuries the Saints have this year?
Boston Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 11:46 AM   #64
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,022
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

I don't think Im making my point clear. Im not comparing Sean Payton to Dennis Allen. Payton is a better coach. There are only 3-4 other coaches Id put even at his level. So comparing Allen to him is silly in my mind. Its like comparing other QBs to Brees.

I am saying that evaluating any coach's performance has to be based on many factors and the players he had to work with, including injuries, have to be considered among those factors. Case in point the defending champs are crappy this year. People excuse it by saying "they have their top WR and QB out with injuries". I believe the Saints have had their top WR and starting QBs injured this year. People were willing to cut Allen loose before the season was even halfway over because of Kamra/Ingram fumbles and bad officiating had them lose a couple games they shouldn't have. Maybe Allen isn't the guy...but saying he isn't before giving him a fair chance is wrong IMO.

You think you know, but you donít know...and you never will! Coach Jim Mora
Boston Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:43 PM   #65
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 21,778
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
I don't think Im making my point clear. Im not comparing Sean Payton to Dennis Allen. Payton is a better coach. There are only 3-4 other coaches Id put even at his level. So comparing Allen to him is silly in my mind. Its like comparing other QBs to Brees.

I am saying that evaluating any coach's performance has to be based on many factors and the players he had to work with, including injuries, have to be considered among those factors. Case in point the defending champs are crappy this year. People excuse it by saying "they have their top WR and QB out with injuries". I believe the Saints have had their top WR and starting QBs injured this year. People were willing to cut Allen loose before the season was even halfway over because of Kamra/Ingram fumbles and bad officiating had them lose a couple games they shouldn't have. Maybe Allen isn't the guy...but saying he isn't before giving him a fair chance is wrong IMO.
You make a very good point Boston. However, I don't think time is going to help him any. It's obvious he's not head coaching material. His records proves that. So does the lackadaisical nature of this team.
Rell&Gold and Boston Saint like this.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:44 PM   #66
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 21,778
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
I don't think Im making my point clear. Im not comparing Sean Payton to Dennis Allen. Payton is a better coach. There are only 3-4 other coaches Id put even at his level. So comparing Allen to him is silly in my mind. Its like comparing other QBs to Brees.

I am saying that evaluating any coach's performance has to be based on many factors and the players he had to work with, including injuries, have to be considered among those factors. Case in point the defending champs are crappy this year. People excuse it by saying "they have their top WR and QB out with injuries". I believe the Saints have had their top WR and starting QBs injured this year. People were willing to cut Allen loose before the season was even halfway over because of Kamra/Ingram fumbles and bad officiating had them lose a couple games they shouldn't have. Maybe Allen isn't the guy...but saying he isn't before giving him a fair chance is wrong IMO.
You make a very good point Boston. However, I don't think time is going to help him any. It's obvious he's not head coaching material. His records proves that. So does the lackadaisical nature of this team.

EDIT: Double posts deserve a thumbs down. My bad fellas.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:47 PM   #67
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,022
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post


You make a very good point Boston. However, I don't think time is going to help him any. It's obvious he's not head coaching material. His records proves that. So does the lackadaisical nature of this team.

EDIT: Double posts deserve a thumbs down. My bad fellas.
LOL. No thumbs down. Id by you a drink if I could.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
Boston Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:50 PM   #68
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,022
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
You make a very good point Boston. However, I don't think time is going to help him any. It's obvious he's not head coaching material. His records proves that. So does the lackadaisical nature of this team.
Maybe so.
Boston Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:15 AM   #69
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 2,624
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

For the record, my rantís started after the Arizonaís game when he was asked after Daltonís threw a red zone interception & two picks six before halftime, what did he say to Dalton; his response was keep doing what youíre doing. I wouldíve preferred hearing take care of the football.
Rell&Gold and K Major like this.
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:41 AM   #70
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,693
Re: Saints fans launch petition asking team to fire Dennis Allen

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
For the record, my rantís started after the Arizonaís game when he was asked after Daltonís threw a red zone interception & two picks six before halftime, what did he say to Dalton; his response was keep doing what youíre doing. I wouldíve preferred hearing take care of the football.
The red flags for me is that on 2 separate occasions, players have had to stand up and motivate the team via meetings (Kamara and Cam), instead of Allen himself.

He seems out of his depth and willing to let the players take on his responsibility.
Rugby Saint II and Rell&Gold like this.
dizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts