Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Intrigued by Levis. He's a big kid with a rocket arm. His delivery is compact and quick. He's also a good runner when he needs to be....

Like Tree221Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2023, 03:26 PM   #71
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,138
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Intrigued by Levis. He's a big kid with a rocket arm. His delivery is compact and quick. He's also a good runner when he needs to be.
saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs


This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Head Coach Material Last Blog: 11-09-2022 By: neugey


Old 01-13-2023, 03:39 PM   #72
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,584
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
Intrigued by Levis. He's a big kid with a rocket arm. His delivery is compact and quick. He's also a good runner when he needs to be.
So what's the negatives on Levis or should I say the "areas for improvement"?

Day 2 selection?
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:46 PM   #73
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,423
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
We need that #3 pick.
That would be great! Not expecting it, however. I hope I'm wrong.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:47 PM   #74
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,423
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:33 PM   #75
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 5,817
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Then you think the Saints should shoot themselves in the foot and take nothing while Payton happily returns to Fox for two more years. He has already said that the chances of his doing just that is "7" on a scale of 1 to 10.

The Saints are not getting multiple 1st's. They have little to no leverage. If Payton wasn't involved in the decision then they would have leverage. However, the entire decision on where to go if he goes anywhere at all is totally up to Payton.

You say Sean Payton is generational. Well, many would argue that a #2 or #3 pick in the draft is generational, as well. Twelve Super Bowls have been won since Payton won his. It can also be argued that any one of those head coaches could be considered just as generational as is Payton.
He ain't posturing, he wants to coach. Unless Loomis is an idiot he should try to prison rape who Payton really wants to go to. No other coach out there including McVay comes close to Paytons skill set. The entire NFL knows this. I get 2 1st a 2nd a 3rdor 4th for him or he sits. Pony up
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:46 PM   #76
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 19,423
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Originally Posted by halloween 65 View Post
He ain't posturing, he wants to coach. Unless Loomis is an idiot he should try to prison rape who Payton really wants to go to. No other coach out there including McVay comes close to Paytons skill set. The entire NFL knows this. I get 2 1st a 2nd a 3rdor 4th for him or he sits. Pony up
And if, let's say, Arizona tells you (proxy for Loomis) to forget it, they're not giving up their 2023 #3 pick. They tell you the best they'll do is their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders this year, and their 1st in 2024. If not they move on to another head coach and use all those picks themselves. Oh, and Payton says he'd rather go back to the cushy studio job paying $10 million per year and wait rather than taking a different position.

What do you do?
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:14 PM   #77
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 5,817
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
And if, let's say, Arizona tells you (proxy for Loomis) to forget it, they're not giving up their 2023 #3 pick. They tell you the best they'll do is their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders this year, and their 1st in 2024. If not they move on to another head coach and use all those picks themselves. Oh, and Payton says he'd rather go back to the cushy studio job paying $10 million per year and wait rather than taking a different position.

What do you do?
Won't happen, he's going somewhere and I don't think it's the cards. They could trade up some of those pics or trade the #3 down to get into the 10-12 range if that would be the case, then still give us good trade value. It would rob Paytons draft for this season and next and I don't think that has appeal to him. If he's interviewing he's coaching.
halloween 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:55 PM   #78
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 6,706
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
So what's the negatives on Levis or should I say the "areas for improvement"?

Day 2 selection?
Drastic drop in production and failure to do anything in any meaningful games.
Rugby Saint II and K Major like this.
rezburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 07:55 AM   #79
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,693
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Broncos don't have any first round picks as far as I'm aware, so that'd be a bad decision if we sent him there.
dizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:03 AM   #80
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 664
Re: Cards, Texans permitted to interview Sean Payton

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
Broncos don't have any first round picks as far as I'm aware, so that'd be a bad decision if we sent him there.
They traded Bradley Chubb to the Dolphins and got an extra 1st rounder the Dolphins had from the 49ers.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
BakoSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts