New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Whatís on the menu! (https://blackandgold.com/saints/100291-what-s-menu.html)

st thomas 05-10-2021 04:05 PM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 920502)
SCREW YOU!!!!!!
Man Iíve been itching to go there all my life. Almost went a couple months back. I take the boat out for an hour or two regularly and have been getting 10-15 bass every afternoon but they are tiny, Iím talking 8-10 inches tiny. I did catch three that were in the 3-4lb range but Iím ready for some monsters.
Gorgeous fish fry you have there.


We rent on the lake yearly, donít want to come home .https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...40f325c30d.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AsylumGuido 05-10-2021 04:38 PM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 920502)
SCREW YOU!!!!!!
Man Iíve been itching to go there all my life. Almost went a couple months back. I take the boat out for an hour or two regularly and have been getting 10-15 bass every afternoon but they are tiny, Iím talking 8-10 inches tiny. I did catch three that were in the 3-4lb range but Iím ready for some monsters.
Gorgeous fish fry you have there.

Dad and I used to go fishing on Toledo all the time when I was growing up. We'd fill a cooler full of bream and crappie. I did catch my two biggest bass ever there when staying at my dad's friend's camp on back-to-back casts ... last cast of the night and first cast of the next morning in exactly the same spot. One was 7 lb 6 oz and the other was 7 lb 9 oz.

st thomas 05-10-2021 05:02 PM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 920507)
Dad and I used to go fishing on Toledo all the time when I was growing up. We'd fill a cooler full of bream and crappie. I did catch my two biggest bass ever there when staying at my dad's friend's camp on back-to-back casts ... last cast of the night and first cast of the next morning in exactly the same spot. One was 7 lb 6 oz and the other was 7 lb 9 oz.


https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...75097be3be.jpg
We got a lot of wind last week so it was slow on bass, AG we made a living on the crappie at night though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AsylumGuido 05-10-2021 05:27 PM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st thomas (Post 920510)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...75097be3be.jpg
We got a lot of wind last week so it was slow on bass, AG we made a living on the crappie at night though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to fish Toledo using an old roadmap made before the lake was formed. That's how we'd get back to the hot beds we found. All the trees were still in place back then. It was a forest in a lake with roadways. This was over 50 years ago, of course.

st thomas 05-10-2021 06:25 PM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 920514)
We used to fish Toledo using an old roadmap made before the lake was formed. That's how we'd get back to the hot beds we found. All the trees were still in place back then. It was a forest in a lake with roadways. This was over 50 years ago, of course.


Yes I know where a few are to, and a grave yard under water spooky


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dude 05-10-2021 09:57 PM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
2 Attachment(s)
How the hell do you attach pictures here.

jeanpierre 05-10-2021 11:47 PM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston Saint (Post 920494)
Just got some test results back. I gotta find some cholesterol friendly recipes. Lemme know what anyone has please! Oysters look promising, but shrimp, Steak, sausage, and lobster are frowned on.

Boston, it seemed forever my cholesterol was high; Doc nearly killed me once leaving me on Bayer's recalled Baycol...

Even in my 20s/30s when I was in terrific shape, always had that battle with cholesterol being morbidly high...

SO, I really took the time to educate myself re: fats, HDL, LDL, Trans fats. and here were some of the life-changing things that made a difference for me...

  • Eliminate/Greatly Reduce Soda Consumption, especially those with artificial sweetners - daily they're still not good for you...

  • Start consuming high density lipids; I eat a lot of honey roasted sunflower seeds, use extra virgin light olive oil or avocado oil...

  • While I like spicy food, don't like pungent jalepenos, but I do eat a lot of avocados in salads, soups, or in pasta; avocados are cholesterol reducers...

  • Organic Peanut Butter, even Org PB Cookies (in moderation); ever take tape to reduce adhesive glue from CD/DVD cases? That's how HDL can clear up LDL, Cholesterol...


    Don't forget about your fibre as well...

  • Find Fruits and Vegetables you really like and double up; Sweet Peas worked wonders for me...

  • Another thing getting back to sugar, is I now use Demara or Turbinado (Sugar in the Raw); still has some fibre bound to it and is great with Sweet Potatoes...


So while I knew I was going to have a personal struggle reducing caloric intake, I basically substituted things that had high density lipids and fibre that I really enjoy...

Voila', I've been in the normal range (cholesterol) ever since...

jeanpierre 05-11-2021 12:25 AM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Don't know about y'all, but while I love many seasonings, the preservatives in them cause me problems on a host of levels...

Often I found out what's in them and just buy those seasonings and learn to make my own blend...

While I normally only season steaks with Sea Salt and Milled Black Pepper, lately, I've taken Economy Ribeye to another level with a Carne Asada blend...

  • 1 Tbsp Sea Salt (Course)

  • 1 Tbsp Black Pepper (Milled)

  • 1 Lime (Zest Only)

  • 1 Lemon (Zest Only)

  • 1 Orange (Zest Only) *Optional

  • 1 Tbsp Chili Powder

  • 2 Tbsp Garlic (4 Cloves Minced)

  • 1 Tbsp Cumin (Ground)

  • 2 Tbsp Cilantro (Ground Coriander Seed)

  • 1 tsp Paprika (Smoked/Spanish)

  • 1 tsp Oregano (Dried)

Now, while many Carne Asada recipes or for a wet marinade, I prefer the dry rub method as more seasoning seems to get absorb into the filet...

Take the seasonings and ground them in a Mortar and Pestle; rub them into your (Ribeye) at least 1-1/2 hrs before grilling (longer, better); really massage the rub into them...

Now I allow my meat, Sean, to come to room temp, if I've refrigerated for a longer time with rub, at least 1/2 hour before grilling...

Now depending on whether you Sear & Grill (Before) or do a Reverse Sear (After), when you do use oil, lightly coat with

  • 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil

  • 2 Tbsp LOL Olive Oil and Sea Salt Blend

And if you already don't know, once you've cooked your steak to desired temp, always let it rest about 10~15 minutes before eating...

Thank me later...
:bng:

st thomas 05-11-2021 03:41 AM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 920522)
How the hell do you attach pictures here.


U did nice pics


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boston Saint 05-11-2021 06:06 AM

Re: Whatís on the menu!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 920528)
Don't know about y'all, but while I love many seasonings, the preservatives in them cause me problems on a host of levels...

Often I found out what's in them and just buy those seasonings and learn to make my own blend...

While I normally only season steaks with Sea Salt and Milled Black Pepper, lately, I've taken Economy Ribeye to another level with a Carne Asada blend...

  • 1 Tbsp Sea Salt (Course)

  • 1 Tbsp Black Pepper (Milled)

  • 1 Lime (Zest Only)

  • 1 Lemon (Zest Only)

  • 1 Orange (Zest Only) *Optional

  • 1 Tbsp Chili Powder

  • 2 Tbsp Garlic (4 Cloves Minced)

  • 1 Tbsp Cumin (Ground)

  • 2 Tbsp Cilantro (Ground Coriander Seed)

  • 1 tsp Paprika (Smoked/Spanish)

  • 1 tsp Oregano (Dried)

Now, while many Carne Asada recipes or for a wet marinade, I prefer the dry rub method as more seasoning seems to get absorb into the filet...

Take the seasonings and ground them in a Mortar and Pestle; rub them into your (Ribeye) at least 1-1/2 hrs before grilling (longer, better); really massage the rub into them...

Now I allow my meat, Sean, to come to room temp, if I've refrigerated for a longer time with rub, at least 1/2 hour before grilling...

Now depending on whether you Sear & Grill (Before) or do a Reverse Sear (After), when you do use oil, lightly coat with

  • 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil

  • 2 Tbsp LOL Olive Oil and Sea Salt Blend

And if you already don't know, once you've cooked your steak to desired temp, always let it rest about 10~15 minutes before eating...

Thank me later...
:bng:

Thanks JP. I Appreciate the help and support and Iíll use your tips. Along with these, my main enemy is beer. I got way too comfy sitting on my ass and drinking freely during harsh winters here and the COVID shutdown. It also goes back to my California time when my boss had no problems with the two drink lunch theory. Itís made me about 50 LBs overweight.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com