Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Whatís on the menu!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by st thomas My youngest daughter makes a mean turkey chili AG. She doesnít spice it up how I really like it because of her kids but boi itís good stuff. Not knocking your chili but have u ...

Like Tree412Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2021, 06:47 PM   #61
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 14,301
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
My youngest daughter makes a mean turkey chili AG. She doesnít spice it up how I really like it because of her kids but boi itís good stuff. Not knocking your chili but have u ever had chili made with elk , Iíve never had anything better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the base meat be other than turkey, but trying to stay healthy. I'd do elk in a minute given the chance.

Luke's 32 Bridge where my son performs in Nashville has an elk burger that's my go to there ... other than their cheese curds. Love me some cheese curds!
st thomas likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:49 PM   #62
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,753
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have the base meat be other than turkey, but trying to stay healthy. I'd do elk in a minute given the chance.

Luke's 32 Bridge where my son performs in Nashville has an elk burger that's my go to there ... other than their cheese curds. Love me some cheese curds!

Totally agree on the health part. But man Iím from the bayou, itís hard to eat right when somebodyís cooking every weekend .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #63
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,037
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Making one of my specialties tonight fellas. Chicken Marsala! One of my top 5 dishes to make.
Boston Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:07 PM   #64
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 14,301
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
Making one of my specialties tonight fellas. Chicken Marsala! One of my top 5 dishes to make.
Cinco de Mayo so I'm making my Mexican rice, refried beans, cheese chile rellenos, beef enchiladas, tacos, and guacomole. Been at it for almost two hours already. At least two more to go off and on.
st thomas and Boston Saint like this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #65
500th Post
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 902
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Grandma's eggplant casserole. Eggplant fried to mush, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, ground meat browned first, all mixed together with Italian seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and pre-boiled shrimp all baked together.
st thomas and Boston Saint like this.
Thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:51 PM   #66
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,037
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Originally Posted by Thirty3 View Post
Grandma's eggplant casserole. Eggplant fried to mush, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, ground meat browned first, all mixed together with Italian seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and pre-boiled shrimp all baked together.
Interesting
Boston Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:42 PM   #67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 30,521
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
Making one of my specialties tonight fellas. Chicken Marsala! One of my top 5 dishes to make.
Thanks for inviting your BnG Buddies!

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Cinco de Mayo so I'm making my Mexican rice, refried beans, cheese chile rellenos, beef enchiladas, tacos, and guacomole. Been at it for almost two hours already. At least two more to go off and on.


Originally Posted by Thirty3 View Post
Grandma's eggplant casserole. Eggplant fried to mush, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, ground meat browned first, all mixed together with Italian seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and pre-boiled shrimp all baked together.
Boston Saint likes this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:05 PM   #68
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 7,753
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Originally Posted by Thirty3 View Post
Grandma's eggplant casserole. Eggplant fried to mush, onion, garlic, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, ground meat browned first, all mixed together with Italian seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and pre-boiled shrimp all baked together.

Omg geme some of that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SmashMouth likes this.
st thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #69
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,037
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Itís nice how a good gumbo/Marsala/Moleí etc tastes better the day after itís made once the flavors have settled overnight. Beautiful!!!
Boston Saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 08:10 PM   #70
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 14,301
Re: Whatís on the menu!

Originally Posted by Boston Saint View Post
Itís nice how a good gumbo/Marsala/Moleí etc tastes better the day after itís made once the flavors have settled overnight. Beautiful!!!
Chili and a good spaghetti sauce for sure.
Boston Saint likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts